Birmingham doesn’t have great visibility at the intersection of software development, design, and entrepreneurship in which Untyped operates, but in the last few months there has been a surge of events that suggest this is changing.
Here’s a list of regular events, some new and some established, that we’ve found of interest:
- fizzPOP is a hackerspace that runs fortnightly meetings. The next meeting, which will be my first, is tomorrow!
- Tech Wednesday is a networking group for computing professionals. It has only been running for a month. The next meeting also tomorrow, and it will also be my first.
- The first meeting of StartupMill Birmingham was yesterday. I could only make the beginning of the meeting, but Dave tells me there was an interesting group of people.
- Likemind is a nice relaxed networking event held in the Jewellry Quarter. There is a good mix of people there representing all sorts of nearby businesses.
- Digital Playground attracts a tonne of web and graphic design people from Fazeley Studios and surrounds.